[ns] ns-2 and trace files

Hi,

I am running ns-2.1b8 on linux redhat 7.0. I already checked the mailing
list archive and tried every suggested way to get ns-2 to use a traffic
trace file.

I am converting a file with two columns:interarrival-time(msec) and packet
size(bytes), to a binary file using the file "asctobin.c" mentioned in the
mailing list and attatched below. I get a binart file which when i
incorporate into my scripts using a script like:

set tfile [new Tracefile]
$tfile filename trace.binary

set t1 [new Application/Traffic/Trace]
$t1 attach-tracefile $tfile

i get a segmentation fault.

please advise,

Haitham Tayyar
PhD student, University of British Columbia, Canada