From: Andrea Josi <[email protected]>
To: kunchanl <[email protected]>
CC: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [ns] ns-2 and trace files
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 18:36:31 +0200 (CEST)

Thanks for your hints:

as i am actually using the latest tclcl version, i
have used a different binary trace file, Lee Breslau's
Star Wars trace file;
(http://www.research.att.com/~breslau/vint/trace.html)

I am not getting segmentation fault anymore, anyway,
the simulation stops after the first packet is
received:
could it be i have set wrong time instants ?
how should i set them then ?

Thanks again.

Here is the resulting trace file:

+ 1 4 0 udp 17 ------- 0 4.0 1.0 0 0
- 1 4 0 udp 17 ------- 0 4.0 1.0 0 0
r 1.005014 4 0 udp 17 ------- 0 4.0 1.0 0 0
+ 1.005014 0 1 udp 17 ------- 0 4.0 1.0 0 0
- 1.005014 0 1 udp 17 ------- 0 4.0 1.0 0 0
r 1.015104 0 1 udp 17 ------- 0 4.0 1.0 0 0

And here is the  script...

set ns [new Simulator]

set n0 [$ns node]
set n1 [$ns node]
set n2 [$ns node]
set n3 [$ns node]
set n4 [$ns node]
set n5 [$ns node]

set f [open aj/star.tr w]
$ns trace-all $f
set nf [open aj/star.nam w]
$ns namtrace-all $nf

$ns duplex-link $n0 $n1 1.5Mb 10ms DropTail
$ns duplex-link $n0 $n2 10Mb 5ms DropTail
$ns duplex-link $n0 $n3 10Mb 5ms DropTail
$ns duplex-link $n0 $n4 10Mb 5ms DropTail
$ns duplex-link $n0 $n5 10Mb 5ms DropTail

set tfile [new Tracefile]
$tfile filename starwars.nsformat

set s4 [new Agent/UDP]
$ns attach-agent $n4 $s4

set null1 [new Agent/Null]
$ns attach-agent $n1 $null1

$ns connect $s4 $null1

set trace [new Application/Traffic/Trace]
$trace attach-tracefile $tfile

$trace attach-agent $s4

$ns at 1.0 "$trace start"

$ns at 110.0 "$trace stop"

$ns at 120.0 "finish"

proc finish {} {

         global ns nf f
         $ns flush-trace
         close $f
         close $nf
  exec nam aj/star.nam &
         exit 0

}

$ns run

look like your binary trace file is somehow