[ns] reaching steady state in Ad Hoc network simulation

Hi,

The way CMU-extensions in NS-2 for ad hoc network simulation works, node
mobility
pattern is generated based on the run time of the simulations. So, say
if I run for 50 sec, I use a
mobility file that describes node movement for 50sec, if run for 500 sec
then the file
has node movement for 500 sec.etc. I see that depending on run time, as
the node movement
files are different, each run represents an unique situation/setup. How
can the experiment reach
steady state then? There must be something that I'm missing here. Can
anyone shed some light
to this?

thanks heaps!
jahan.