[ns] Question on GT-ITM topology generator

Hi, everone:

I am using GT-ITM to generate the Transit-Stub topology.  Some questions
are confusing to me.  When we use sgb2ns to convert sgb output to tcl
output, it can seen that the links are generated with some delay values,
where, delay = length * 10.

Does anybody know how the lengthes of the links are determined?  I know
that they are some random values. But what are they based on?  according
to some real network topologys?  I have read the materials attached to
GT-ITM, but there is no anwser for it.

By the way, when I compared the topology with 100 nodes to the topology
with 30 nodes, it looks that the delays in the large topology (with 100
nodes) are greater than that in the small topology (with 30 nodes) on
everage.  Does this mean the factor for routing table looking-up is taken
into account in the calculation of edge length?

Any help is appreciated.

Jan Huang