Re: [ns] Any traffic generator?

hi
you might want to set up random exponential flows so as to simulate the
appearance of traffic.Infact you can use any of the current traffic
flows provided by ns and start and stop them randomly.

Prashant

Jianxue Huang wrote:

> Hi, everybody:
>
> I am currently simulating a protocol in NS.  In order to imulate the performance
> of a real network, I'd like to bring my protocol agent into a topology in which
> there are some traffic running, rather then a "clear" network.
>
> Does anybody know how to generate the traffic and control the degree of the traffic
> (such as the everage utility of the network)?  Is there any tool provided by (or
> together with) NS that can be used for this purpose?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jan Huang
begin:vcard
n:Ratanchandani;Prashant
tel;work:(217)-244-7116
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:UIUC;Computer Science
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
adr;quoted-printable:;;2234 DCL=0D=0A1304 W. Springfield Ave.;Urbana;IL;61801;USA
note;quoted-printable:2234 DCL=0D=0A1304 W Springfield Ave.=0D=0AUrbana 61801=0D=0AIL
x-mozilla-cpt:;14528
fn:Prashant Ratanchandani
end:vcard