[ns] Re: next hop

You could look at the chapter on unicast routing in the ns-manual....i
believe $rtobject nextHop? <destID> excuted in tcl should help you get
the next hop for the destination od specified.
You can run a tcl.eval and get the result.

hope that helps

cheers
bruce madison wrote:

> thank you for your reply
>
> but i want to know how i can get the next hop and not the id of the
> current node.
>
> how i can get the next hop for a specific destination in IP dst_.addr_
> ? (inside the c++ code)
>

> the next hop is the neighboor router between the source and the
> destination which must be an  a router in the shortest path and which
> must be in the routing table;
>
> thank you
>
> >From: Prashant Ratanchandani
> >To: bruce madison
> >CC: [email protected]
> >Subject: Re: [ns] next hop
> >Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 13:11:11 -0500
> >
> >The dest. address in the iphdr can be accessed.If you do a shift
> >operation on it it'll give you the node id.I'm not really sure if
> this
> >is what you want though...

> >bruce madison wrote:
> > >
> > > hello
> > > can qnyone tell me how i can get the next hop for a packet in c++
> and
> > > the type of the returning value ?
> > > what is the instruction in c++ that give me the next hop or the
> > > address or node id for a specific destination ?
> > > thanks

begin:vcard
n:Ratanchandani;Prashant
tel;work:(217)-244-7116
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:UIUC;Computer Science
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
adr;quoted-printable:;;2234 DCL=0D=0A1304 W. Springfield Ave.;Urbana;IL;61801;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-18496
fn:Prashant Ratanchandani
end:vcard