[ns] Filtering in NS

Hi All:

I am trying to implement some kind of filtering technique that allows me to
get rid of some types of packets.
Mi idea is something like, if type of traffic match with the specific type,
drop it, otherwise let him pass.
I was thinking to use the [new Filter/Field] of the NS, but I can not find any
documentation or examples about it, even I don�t know if this field can
accomplish my goals.
I was wondering if anybody have experience this kind filters, I will really
appreciate any help.
Any script or documentation will be highly welcomed

Thanks in advantage,

Daniel