Da: Harpreet Arora <[email protected]>
A: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Data: venerd� 14 settembre 2001 3.22
Oggetto: [ns] strange result

Hi,
I am a new user of NS, so this doubt may be a stupid one, but I am
getting a strange result, which I am not able to understand. I have been
doing simulations of wireless networks. When I keep the queue length as
50, the no. of packet drops come to 181 for 1000 packets sent, in a 1000
x 1000 sq. m. area, with 50 nodes, when run for 1000 seconds, with dsr
as the routing protocol. All other parametrs being constant, when I
reduce the queue length to 2, the number of packet drops decreases to
174.  For a buffer size of 5, the packet drops further reduce to 139.
Could someone explain what and where I am missing?

Thanks,
Harpreet