Re: [ns] RE: MPLS simulation with NS/2

Hi Rick,

in the file ns-mpls-node.tcl you see there is a procedure called
"flow-erlsp-install {fec phb lspid}". As far as I know, this is the only
procedure in ns-2.1b8 that can bind flows to an ER-LSP. The variable phb has
been replaced in MNS v2 by the variable fid. So I don't think it is possible to
bind a flow to an ER-LSP based on its fid in ns-2.1b8.

Of course you could make a minor change in the MPLS code and replace the
variable phb by fid. This is fairly simple. Unfortunately it appears to me that
the variable phb isn't used at all by the MPLS module. I think it has just been
added to be used later. So replacing phb by fid probably won't help.

If you really need to bind a flow to an ER-LSP based on its fid, I would
recommend you to use ns-2.1b6 together with MNS v2.

Regards,

Onno