Re: [ns] i'm very new with ns

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Marcos Locksmith Portnoi wrote:

> That's because TCPSink objects don't have the bytes_ variable.  Only
> LossMonitor objects do (you have set sink0 as a TCPSink object).  If you
> must use TCPSink, then you have to set up a queue monitor or something in
> order to catch the number of bytes received.

Ooooh, my favourite! The TCPSink is widely neglected and lacks a
number of useful bound variables (possibly for performance
reasons? well, LossMonitor's performance must just suck by
comparison...)

Here's how I got at the bytes received (by the application) using the
TCPSink:

http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/archive/ns-users/webarch/2000/msg00059.html
bug report - TCPSink/*, packetSize_, headers and recvBytes()
Lloyd Wood, 10 January 2000.

L.