[ns] protocol execution time

Hi, everyone:

I am simulating the L2TP protocol in NS.  For the performance analysis
purpose, I need not only the delay time (includes queuing, transmission,
and propagation time) for the packet delivery, but also the prtocols'
execution time on both sender and receiver, such as how long it takes
the router to run TCP, UDP.

These values may be different from products to products, I just want the
approximate value or a reasonable range.  Does any body know that for
TCP UDP (or any other similar protocols), or know where I can find some
useful information about this?

Thanks.

Jianxue Haung