[ns] the time delay in node

Hi everybody,

We can assign a link delay in script file. However, I
am confused if there is a time delay in every node
simulated in ns-2.

I check my trace file what I have got, and found that
the time of "+" and "-" corresponding to same packet
are always same. That means the time delay in each
node is 0, isn't it? In addition, I also noticed the
effective number of bit representing time in trace
file is flexible, sometimes 4, sometimes 5 or 6. How
to determine the number of effective bit? Does that
mean the minimal changing in the lowest bit of time is
the basic cycle time for this simulation?

Can anybody give me some response for my questions and
confusion? Thank you!

Sincerely,

SD