[ns] 2.1b8a test-all-red fails!

Hi,

I just installed NS version 2.1b8a on a redhat system (kernel 2.2.x).

My compiler is:
gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)

The RED test is failing as below:

validate overall report: some tests failed:
     ./test-all-red

The 2 sub-tests that fail are:

Running test flows_unforced:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl flows_unforced QUIET
Test output differs from reference output
Diagnose with: diff test-output-red/flows_unforced.test
test-output-red/flows_unforced
Or see URL "http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-problems.html".
Running test flows_forced:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl flows_forced QUIET
Test output agrees with reference output
Running test flows_combined:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl flows_combined QUIET
Test output differs from reference output
Diagnose with: diff test-output-red/flows_combined.test

--

Please let me know what the problem could be. I need to use RED in some
simulations!

Thanks,
Gaurav.

--

The complete red test output is shown below (all other tests pass).

*** ./test-all-red
Tests: red1 ecn red2 red_twoway red_twowaybytes flows_unforced
flows_forced flows_combined ungentle gentle gentleEcn ungentleBadParams
gentleBadParams
Running test red1:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl red1 QUIET
Test output agrees with reference output
Running test ecn:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl ecn QUIET
Test output agrees with reference output
Running test red2:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl red2 QUIET
Test output agrees with reference output
Running test red_twoway:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl red_twoway QUIET
Test output agrees with reference output
Running test red_twowaybytes:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl red_twowaybytes QUIET
Test output agrees with reference output
Running test flows_unforced:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl flows_unforced QUIET
Test output differs from reference output
Diagnose with: diff test-output-red/flows_unforced.test
test-output-red/flows_unforced
Or see URL "http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-problems.html".
Running test flows_forced:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl flows_forced QUIET
Test output agrees with reference output
Running test flows_combined:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl flows_combined QUIET
Test output differs from reference output
Diagnose with: diff test-output-red/flows_combined.test
test-output-red/flows_combined
Or see URL "http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-problems.html".
Running test ungentle:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl ungentle QUIET
total_drops 395 total_packets 7723
Test output agrees with reference output
Running test gentle:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl gentle QUIET
total_drops 364 total_packets 7805
Test output agrees with reference output
Running test gentleEcn:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl gentleEcn QUIET
total_drops 201 total_packets 7809
Test output agrees with reference output
Running test ungentleBadParams:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl ungentleBadParams QUIET
total_drops 677 total_packets 6401
Test output agrees with reference output
Running test gentleBadParams:
../../ns test-suite-red.tcl gentleBadParams QUIET
total_drops 442 total_packets 7481
Test output agrees with reference output
Some test failed.