[ns] mns_v2.0 for ns-2.1b8(a)

Hello,

please find attached an adapted version of mns_v2.0 for ns-2.1b8(a).
mns_v2.0 is an MPLS extension for ns-2 originally written by Gaeil Ahn for
ns-2.1b6. The changes of mns_v2.0 are based on the changes done in the
integration of mns_v1.0 for ns-2.1b8 by Haobo Yu.

To install the adapted mns_v2.0 just extract the archive
gunzip -c -d mns_v2.0-for-ns-2.1b8a.tar.gz | tar xvfm -
in the ns-allinone-2.1b8a/ directory. Run ./configure and then make.

Note: The .tcl test-scripts in the tcl/ex/mns_v2.0 directory can all be
run:
test-lsp.tcl -> the .nam .tr files are equal compared to mns_v2.0
                integrated in ns-2.1b6
test-crlsp.tcl -> the .nam .tr files are equal compared to mns_v2.0
                  integrated in ns-2.1b6, however the bandwidth
                  calculations are not the same
test-crlsp.tcl -> the .nam .tr files are slightly different compared to
                  mns_v2.0 integrated in ns-2.1b6, I think this is due
                  to the changed rtProto/DV, the bandwidth
                  calculations are not the same
test-constraint-routing.tcl -> the .nam .tr files are slightly different
                               compared to mns_v2.0 integrated in
                               ns-2.1b6 (maybe due
                               to the changed rtProto/DV), the bandwidth
                               calculations are not the same
test-reroute.tcl -> scripts are running, but no meaningful results are
                    produced, I will check this

Filled out form:

First, we need the following in order to add a pointer to your code in the
ns contributed code web page (http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-contributed.html)):
(1) which version of ns was the code written for;
    ns-2.1b8(a)

(2) a pointer to C/C++/OTcl code as well as simulation scripts on your web
server;
    see archive

and hopefully also:

(3) a simple README explaining special setups needed to run the
simulations or tests.
    please ask Gaeil Ahn

(4) an example script illustrating the use of your protocol.
    see archive

Second, we're also happy to work with developers to integrate their code
into the ns distribution. To do this, we need (in addition to 1-4 above):
(5) code which works with the most recently released version of ns;

(6) a test script exercising most important points of your protocol
(please refer to ns manual for detailed instructions);
    see archive

(7) documentation comparable to the Agent/SRM chapter of ns manual;
    has a lot of bugs, non-working and untested code

Maybe you find a possibility to integrate this code into a snapshot of ns,
because many people are interested!

Tell me if you have problems, found bugs or know improvements.

Thanks, Christian.

Christian Glomb
Siemens AG
Corporate Technology