[ns] NS vs Glomosim: for wireless mobile networks

Hi,
     I am a grad student working on wireless mobile networks. I have to begin
simulations and I have to decide whether I should use NS or Glomosim. Can anyone
help me decide.
Does NS allow us to send 2 different type of packets : for example one packet
could be using BPSK (Binary Phase shift keying ) and another packet could be
using QPSK (quadrature phase shift keying).?
Does NS allow us to extract distance and bandwidth parameters between nodes in a
network.
thanks
regards
Abhinav