Re: [ns] Meaning of 'r' in Trace File

It is the same packet you see in line 1 and 4 as the last field indicates a unique packet id.
The 'r' indicates that the packet i received at node 2 and 3 respectively.

/Håkan

jie zhang wrote:

Hello,
   I generated a tracefile,some entries like this:

   1:   r 0.51032 0 2 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 3.0 0 0
   2:   + 0.51032 2 3 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 3.0 0 0
   3:   - 0.51032 2 3 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 3.0 0 0
   4:   r 0.52064 2 3 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 3.0 0 0
   5:   + 0.52064 3 2 ack 40 ------- 1 3.0 0.0 0 1
   6:   - 0.52064 3 2 ack 40 ------- 1 3.0 0.0 0 1

   The topology is:

          n0--
               \
                \
                  n2--------n3
                /
               /
           n1--

   The problem is: How can I distinguish line 1 and
line 4.They are both "r",but the first "r" happened
between 0 and 2,the second "r" happened between 2 and
3.From ns manual, I know "+" represents enqueue,"-"
represents dequeue,I think "r" represent a packet
receive at an Agent,is it right?

  Thanks

Sincerely yours,
Jiezhang