[ns] Routing Overhead and Path Optimality

Hi,

Can anyone help me out here? I need to derive the routing overhead and path optimality of a routing protocol for a wireless simulation from the trace file.

For routing overhead, do I include all the packets sent in the trace file or is there any particular packet I should count?

For path optimality, I am completely unsure of how to go about doing it. But I understand there's a calcdest program in ns-2 which can be used to derive path optimality. But I am not sure about the procedure which I should use this calcdest program to calculate path optimality.

Please do advise me. Many thanks.