[ns] validation problem

Hi,

I am a newer for ns.
Recently, I installed the ns-2.1b8 on the RedHat 7.2 platform.
After I ran the validation, 20 tests or so did not pass.
Those include: ./test-all-(tcp, testReno, newreno, sack, tcpOptions,
tcpReset, tcp-init-win, tcpVariants,
                         aimd, rfc793edu, rfc2581, ecn, ecn-ack, ..., and so
on).

Then, I entered into ~/ns/tcl/test and ran test-all-tcp, the messages at the
end of this mail showed up.
In fact, most failed tests have almost same message like this.
I also ran diff for ecn amd ecn.test ( diff ecn ecn.test), and find out that
ecn.test contains almost nothing,
see attached files, please. (what does it really means when nothing was
there?)
According to some discussions made on the previous ns-users mailing list
archieves, the problem seems
to be due to an old version Perl installation. However, the Perl that I
installed downloads from the current ns
website and it should be a newer version (I think).

What is the possible reason for these validation failures? Should it be the
Perl's problem, how can I fix it?

Thank you for seeing my problem.

hjj

ns: _o4 cleanup file5 ecn_ (one_with_ecn, _one_without): usage: getrc -s
node1 [options] [trace file...]

get trace files that match certain criteria related to source, dest or
flow-id

             -o outfile             write subset trace to output file
             -b                        bi-directional, i,e, gather lines
             -d node2             specify destination
             -f flowid             specify flow id
             -e                        get event trace
        while executing
"exec $PERL ../../bin/set_flow_id -s all.tr | $PERL ../../bin/getrc -s 2 -d
3 | $PERL ../../bin/raw2xg -s 0.
01 -m 90 -t $file > temp.rands
        (procedure "_o4" line 3)
        (TestSuite finish line 3)
        invoked from within
"$self finish $testname"
        (procedure "_o4" line 11)
        (TestSuite cleanup line 11)
        invoked from within
"_o4" cleanup file5 ecn_(one_with_ecn,_one_without)"
Test output differs from reference output.

ecn

ecn.test