[ns] We are interested in NS2

Dear sir or madam,

We are members of MSA(mobile system architecture) group in University of Manchester in UK. We are going to do some simulation of internet-based distance communication including real-time multimedia communication and mobile network security. We wonder if NS2 could achieve the following functions?

1. Is it possible to use NS2 to simulate the vedio/audio transmission over the internet?

2. Does NS2 have security algorithm modelers, such as A3, A5 and A8? Can we build some new algorithm modelers if we want to try other algorithms?

3. Is it possible to simulate a world-wide network? Does NS2 have any limited conditions?

4. Is it possible to simulate RTP, RTCP etc potocols?

5. Is it possible to simulate wireless networks, especially ad hoc wireless network?

6. Is it possible to simulate our new idea which is different from the current network (eg. different transmission process, different security algorithm)?

We will have a group meeting to discuss the simulation tool selection in Monday afternoon (29th, Jan). Could you please reply us AS SOON AS POSSIBLE?

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,
Lisha