[ns] problems regarding ns

we've students of "Roma 3 university" and, for our studies we met the use of ns.
Using ns with distance vectors (rtproto dv) we've just note something strange....
so we'd like to know how it exactly works....
we mean, the vectors that's send seems to be just somthing visual, and really they don't have any use if not to been displayed.
so, question is: do the routing table been calculated by the sending of those vectors, or they just been calculated by neighbour greetings?

beaside this, we've need also to know how "rtproto dv" sintax is.
for example, we have 3 nodes, and of those just 2 have to perform distance vector routing. Manual says a sintax, but after a day of trying we've can't manage to do what we need...
the line we've tryed is $ns rtprotoDV $n1 $n2
and it seems it doesn't work.
how can we do?

we're working on w9X platform.

thank you for reading this mail
We've looking forward to hearing from you.

Andrea Barberi
Stefano Paolozzi
Alessandro Carminati

from Roma3 University

Se vuoi un indirizzo di posta elettronica gratuito,
iscriviti a http://www.katamail.com