[ns] delay jitter

Hi,

Could someone of u pls. tell me if the following definition of Delay
Jitter is correct:

Delay Jitter = max. delay - min. delay

also does mean delay jitter (and variance of delay jitter) make any sense?
That does it make sense to keep track of delay jitter over time and then
calculate its mean..

TIA.

Regards,
Sudhin.

****************** Sudhindra Suresh Bengeri ********************
Graduate Research Assistant   | Home:                          |
to Dr. George N. Rouskas      | 2110, Gorman St.,              |
EGRC 454H, Computer Sci. dept.| Raleigh, NC - 27606            |
NCSU, Raleigh, NC 27695       | Ph. (919) 852-1961             |
(919)515-3655(P) / 515-7925(F)
My web projection: http://www4.ncsu.edu/~ssbenger

* Always glad to share my ignorance - I've got plenty. *