[ns] NS-2.1b6 Mobile IPv6 release

Dear all,

As many people asked for it, I am glad to announce the release of our
NS-2.1b6 enhancements to simulate Mobile IPv6 in large Wide-Area
networks.  This code has been developed by MOTOROLA Labs Paris and INRIA
Rhone-Alpes PLANETE team.

For information, and to download the code, please check
http://www.inrialpes.fr/planete/mobiwan/

Presently, the tar file comprises:
- Mobile IPv6 and simple IPv6 extensions needed by Mobile IPv6
- A library to create, configure, and manipulate large topologies in a
very easy manner (TOPOMAN)
- A new translator from GT-ITM to NS-2 which output TOPOMAN procedure
calls.
- Embedded extensions to allow the simultaneous use of wireless
features, mobility, and multicast.

Mobile IPv6 is available, in two modes:
1. Local mobility (i.e. within an administrative domain, i.e. within a
bounded area)
2. Global mobility (crossing administrative domains, i.e. moving from
one side of the topology to another).

Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 will later be included in the distribution and
will be used to demonstrate global mobility.

This code comes without guaranties and may have bugs.   If you find
some, please tell me and also include the patch if you have one. If you
cannot download the code, please email me and tell me why, I will try to
be helpful whenever possible, but I might always have the time to be
very responsive.  Any feedback about the code is also very much
appreciated.

I hope you could make good use of this contribution.
Regards,
Thierry

--
* mailto:[email protected]  Tel +33 (0) 4 76 61 52 69
* INRIA Rhone-Alpes Projet PLANETE       (fax 52 52)