[ns] Pairing a send and a corresponding ack

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Hi ns-experts,

I am trying to find out if there is a way to pair the
send/forward events to their corresponding
acknowledgements. I am doing a tcp based simulation
run where I am trying to find the various paths
followed between source and destination and also for
how long each of these paths lasted.

I have modified the cmu-trace files and compressed the
trace information but I find that the ack has a packet
id which is completely different from the original
packet Id.

My question is:

Is there any way to just look at the trace and confirm
if the transmission was successful or not or if not is
there any part of the ns-source I can modify to help
me log this information i.e the packet corresponding
to which the ack is being sent.

Any help in this direction will be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Meera.