Re: [ns] freq_

Hi All,
Thank you for answering my mail especially Dan Iregren, Alvin C. Valera and
Neundorf Alexander.

After tracing the variables freq_, lamdba & lambda_, I understand that freq_ is
only used to determine the lamdba for the propagation models. It is not used to
separate the different wireless networks with different frequencies.

Does anybody has any idea how can I separate the communication channels base on
different frequencies?

Regards,
terence

Quoting Dan Iregren <[email protected]>:

> On Wednesday 25 July 2001 05:23, you wrote:
> > Hi Alvin C. Valera & Seniors,
> >
> > Thanks for help. It worked! The frequency does change when I "cout
> <<
> > freq_" in the WirelessPhy constructor. However, they still can
> communicate
> > even when the node have different frequencies!
>
> freq_ is used for calculating lambda_ (the wavelength). The lambda_
> value is
> stored in the packet-stamp in each packet. The PacketStamp class has a
> method
> called getLambda.
> "grep -s getLambda *" gives
>
> Binary file ns matches
> packet-stamp.h:  inline double getLambda() {return lambda;}
> propagation.cc: double lambda = ifp->getLambda();   // wavelength
> shadowing.cc:   double lambda = ifp->getLambda();   // wavelength
> tworayground.cc:  double lambda = ifp->getLambda();     // wavelength
> tworayground.cc:
> t->getLambda());
> tworayground.cc:
> r->getLambda());
> wireless-phy.h: inline double getLambda() const {return lambda_;}
> Binary file wireless-phy.o matches
>
> This is nothing I am sure of but it looks as if lambda is only used for
>
> calculating propagation in thoose files.
> /Dan

Regards,
Terence
DSO/DS/IEP