Re: [ns] regarding Tcl_Debugging

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Raj M Verma wrote:

> hi, I'm just a novice to ns2 and I'm not well
> experienced with this installation and compilation
> stuff. I'm just following the instructions from the
> manuals, scripts and from u of course. I've given the
> command "./configure --enable-debug
> --with-tcldebug=/user/lh050479/raj/ns/ns-allinone-2.1b8a/tcl-debug-2.0"
> at my
> user/lh050479/raj/ns/ns-allinone-2.1b8a/ns-2.1b8a
> prompt. I'm sorry that u got me wrong,

garbage in, garbage out.

> I told u that I
> used ./../ in the sense that I gave the above path but
> not exactly "./../". well, after configuring I've
> given the command "make" and it was compiled fine. but
> still I'm getting the same warning that "script
> debugging disabled, reconfigure with --with-tcldebug
> and recompile" when I tried to run my example.tcl by
> enabling "debug 1" inside the script.

Hmmm. Sounds like the makefile might still be having trouble with
unusual locations, then.

You could actually try reading the configure output and seeing where
it looks for the tcl debugger; where did it say it looked in the
example you give above?

Try putting the tcl-debug-2.0 dir parallel to the ns-allinone-2.1b8a
dir within the ns dir, configure and make, and tell us if that helps.

L.