Re: [ns] install ns2 for multiple users.

Hi,

How does the sharing of NS work exactly ?
As far as i understand, it creates link files in my HOME directory to all
source files in the actual install directory where NS was installed first.

I modified the .dup.conf-others file to make links only to the ns2.1b8/
files. I dont copy or link the OTcl/Tcl/Nam directories. Just updated the
path in the configure file, so that while building the version, it searches
the right Otcl and Tcl files (i.e from the Original Install dir.). In my
case i assumed that changes are to made only to files in ns2.1b8 directory.

The version builds fine...and i have a ns executable in my HOME dir.
different from the original ns.

But my question is, can i make any changes in the source files in ns2.
In that case, since it has a link, wont it update the original files too.
But thats not we wanted, right.

I hope my question was clear.
Someone please help me out.

Thanks.