[ns] Priority Flows for Wireless LANs

Hello,

I am trying to implement an EDF (earliest deadline first) dequeue policy
for 802.11 PCF for downstream and upstream links. I would like to specify
a priority level and a flow id for each flow. A node can have several
flows and each flow can have a unique flow_id and pri_level tuple. I'd
like to know:

1] How to specify a flow_id and pri_level so the access point can dequeue
the packets based on EDF. Exactly where should I add this state info
(packet.h ??) . I will be modifying the 802.11 frame headers but need the
event/packet scheduler to inform the queue with the tuple.

2] The 802.11 MAC uses a callback function to get the next ready packet
from the link layer. Is it possible to implement the EDF queue within the
link layer or to get all available packets from the LL and do the EDF
queueing within the MAC?

I am using ns-2.1b8a.

Thanks,
Rahul

                   Rahul Mangharam
    _,-~\          Graduate student - Real Time Multimedia Lab
\       Carnegie
 \      Mellon     Electrical & Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon
   \     _,-~      http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rahulm (Online Journal)
    \_,-~