32.4 Deficencies in the Current Network Dynamics API
There are a number of deficencies in the current API that should be
changed in the next iteration:
- There is no way to specify a cluster of nodes or links that
behave in lock-step dynamic synchrony.
- Node failure should be dealt with as its own mechanism,
rather than a second grade citizen of link failure.
This shows up in a number of situations, such as:
- The method of emulating node failure as the failure of the
incident links is broken. Ideally, node failure should cause all
agents incident on the node to be reset.
- There is no tracing associated with node failure.
- If two distinct route models are applied to two separate links
incident on a common node, and the two links experience a topology change
at the same instant, then the node will be notified more than once.