Dave DeAngelis, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
M.S.E. Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
B.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
Dr. DeAngelis is a senior computer scientist at the USC Information Sciences Institute. His research focuses on issues at the intersection of computer security and human behavior.
Current Research Projects
• Creating realistic multimedia traffic generators for cybersecurity testbeds
• Generating natural language prose that expresses the semantics captured in structured data
• Building large scale language models
Selected Previous Research
• Incentives and mechanism design for influence
• Understanding and predicting behavior in online communities
• Reverse engineering industrial control systems
• Pentesting spacecraft communications protocols and software
• Tagging and tracking of documents