compiling/builting 2.1b1 on hpux 9.7 and others

a few problems -

(probably no brainers - i am new to c++ :-)

some modules defined default function argument values when the class
defn in the header file already did this - to get by gcc/g++ 2.7 i had
to edit the .cc files

random/srandom aint in hpux - its srand....need a new #if hpux in
appropriate header

ostream (as per the ns-problems web page) problem caused about 10 mins
head scrating since it caused a very obscure ld error way later...

some of the configures make makefiles that use cc for some CPP work and
gcc for other things unless you force -enable-gcc (shouldn't really be
necessary)

some other things - we have 3 bits of ns work (real work) i guess we'd
like on the web page -
rmdp/rlc work lorenzo vicisano did see
ftp://cs.ucl.ac.uk/darpa/infocom98.ps
multcp work philippe oechslin did,see
ftp://cs.ucl.ac.uk/darpa/multcp.ps

and isidor's work on self organising transcoders.....reference to follow
soon. But what is the preferred way for me to submit this (e.g. the
.cc/tcl and script files etc?
)

cheers
jon