Re: What hardware ?

> I will probably ask for a Sparc, but I would be happy if
> someone could tell me which configuration is the best
> since I've got a wild card to buy whatever is needed.

A wild card to buy whatever is needed?
Why don't you try for the last Cray's supercomputer?

It's not really a joke (OK, it is just a bit...).

I seriously believe that in a few years we will need
supercomputers or large distributed systems in
order to see what happens when 10000 TCP
connections share (or compete for) the same pipe.
People in meteorology or physics do this kind of
simulations for decades.

Anyway, I hope Thierry that someone will give you
a more useful reply than me :-)

Constantinos