Re: What hardware ?

> Hi folks !
>

> I'm a new ns-user.  Could someone tell me which hardware
> I should buy to best use NS ?   What memory requirement ?
> What processor ?  Which screen ?

I assume the question is Sparc vs other similar machines, instead of
Sparc vs CRAY :)

>From my experience, PPro is faster than Sparc 20, but don't know
about Sparc Ultra.
RAM: whatever size you get, you can always create a bigger
simulation. If your simulations will use small size topologies, 128M
will be more than enough. If you go bigger with 3,000+ nodes, then
better get more memory, because the N^2 routing table gets huge and
you should avoid swapping. And, of course, dont forget enough swap
space on the disk, at least twice the RAM size.

I dont think there are special requirements for the display; it
should be nice enough to do your everyday work.

Pavlin