Building ns 2.1b2 under Solaris (5.4)

The key to solving my reported problems under Solaris with

>   checking for main in -ldl... (cached) no
>   no dynamic load lib

was doing a 'make distclean' before anything else, which allowed the
check to be passed with the 'yes' you'd expect. Thanks to haobo for
suggesting this; the 'make clean's that I'd been conscientiously doing
before every configure change never had the same effect...

Also noted in compilation, another Solaris random() issue similar to
the one I mentioned in

http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/archive/ns-users/9710/0002.html

This instance of random() is in tcp-session.cc line 308

    int foo = int(random() * nActive_ + 1);

and replacing with

    int foo = int(Random::uniform() * nActive_ + 1);

_seems_ to work. Is this the right thing to do? The test-suite runs
okay...

thanks,

L.

next up - let's go try build nam 1.0a4 successfully...

<[email protected]>PGP<http://www.sat-net.com/L.Wood/>+44-1483-300800x3641