tcp-www.cc

Dear ns-users,

I have included the tcp-www.cc into ns, and recompiled it successfully.
But, I couldn't understand the features of tcp-www.cc exactly.

For example, what does the callback function do? In the README file for
the implementation written by Emile Sahouria it is written that: "The
derived class Agent/TCP/WWW provides a callback when a TCP connection
completes."  Is the implementation imitates a persistent connection HTTP
with this feature?

Secondly, I couldn't understand why the connections are handled as one-way
in the output trace files. Since the 3-way handshake takes place between
the server and the client, there should be a two way traffic? Maybe it is
because of simplicity constraints. But, please let me know if so.. Because
I will probably need the whole communication details in my simulations.

Thanks in advance..
Sincerely,

Deniz GURKAN
e-mail: [email protected]  URL: http://www.ee.bilkent.edu.tr/~deniz/