TclCL notes

Here are a few observations on TclCL (version 1.0b5). I hope they will
be useful for future releases.

The system I am using is Linux, Debian distribution (version 1.3.1).
It has Tcl 7.6 and Tk 4.2 as part of the distribution; OTcl version 0.96
has been installed as obtained from the MIT site.

The install step seems to be incomplete. Entering the command "make
install" placed the file libtclcl.a in the correct place but it did not
install other files, particularly tclcl.h and tcl2c++, both of which ns2
requires. Should these be placed in the /usr/local hierarchy and
shouldn't the "make install" step do that?

Also, it seems that "make install" removes an existing file, libTcl.a.
How does one uninstall the package? With a file deleted it is not
possible.

Jeff Austen
[email protected]