Problem in building ns under Win95

Dear Sir/Madam,
I want to do some multicast simulation using ns for some experiments
replated to my PhD. I am running on a Win-95 platform. I have downloaded
all the basic components required to build ns as mentioned in the
Berkeley download instruction page. But I am encountering problem in
building ns. After doing cd into the Tclcl directory (at the dos
prompt), I cannot run configure. I will be grateful if you kindly tell
me how to run this commands(or if there is any alternative way)in
windows-95. Moreover, I will also like to know whether do I need any C
compiler in order to run "Make". I will be very grateful if you can give
me an early reply.

With regards
Kashinath Basu