Re: NS installation problem

Padmaparna Haldar wrote:

> Try to compile without the -static flag .edit ns Makefile to remove value
> of the macro STATIC. alternatively you may want to configure ns
> explicitly turning static option off with --disable-static.
> hope this helps.
>
> Padma.
>
> ps. you may want to take a look at the ns problems web page. we are in the
> process of updating/adding to the problems list.
> http://www-mash.CS.Berkeley.EDU/ns/ns-problems.html

I got the same problem before. The executable "ns.dyn" can be produced
if
"make ns.dyn" is issued or "ns" can be produced "-static" is produced
from
the Makefile and issue "make". If that does not work, you may want to
check
where "libdl.so" file is located in your system. If it is not under the
default
library directory, then it has to be specified in Makefile.

I also encoutered a small problem in linking: tcl installs the file
"init.tcl"
in ...../lib/tcl8.0/ and make searches ....../lib/ for it. This gives
error:

tclsh8.0 bin/tcl-expand.tcl tcl/lib/ns-lib.tcl |
/dsg/dsg3/dylan/tclcl-1.0b5/tcl2c++ et_ns_lib >
gen/ns_tcl.cc
application-specific initialization failed:
Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following
directories:
    /dsg/dsg3/dylan/lib /usr/local/lib/tcl8.0
/cs/public/lib/tcl8.0 /cs/tcl8.0a2/library
/cs/public/library
This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

After I copied "init.tcl" from /dsg/dsg3/dylan/lib/tcl8.0/ to
/dsg/dsg3/dylan/lib/, the error message disappears.

Finally, I have a problem I still cannot figure out by myself. When I
type test-all, it gives the following output and stalled:

columbia<76> test-all
tahoe1 tahoe2 tahoe3 tahoe4 no_bug bug reno1 reno renoA reno2 reno3
reno4 reno4a reno5 telnet delayed phase phase1 phase2 timers stats

Running test tahoe1
0/cwnd=1.0000/ssthresh=50/ack=-1
1/cwnd=16.0000/ssthresh=50/ack=14
2/cwnd=4.0000/ssthresh=13/ack=41
3/cwnd=14.3212/ssthresh=13/ack=73
4/cwnd=18.2576/ssthresh=13/ack=137
Test output differs from reference output
Diagnose with: diff test-output/tahoe1.test test-output/tahoe1
Differences due to floating-point formatting are not significant.
next?
Problems found with input data.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

--