Re: Problem running ns-2.1b2

Chetan,
	first of all I think it'll be better if you install tcl/tk8.0p2
inyour system. While building otcl-1.0a2, add the path to tclInt.h file in
otcl makefile. it is usually located under tcl-8.0's generic directory.
you should then build tclcl-1.0b5 and then ns-2.1b2. while configuring
ns turn the static option off with --disable-static.
you'll find all source files at ns's building page. ....ns/ns-build.html
let me know if you have any other problems.

PAdma.

 On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Chetan Kumar
wrote:

> otcl:
> 	I did not had tcl/tk source, but libtcl7.6.so and libtk4.2.so were
> there. The reqiured file tclInt.h and tclRegexp.h were downloaded and
> copied to /usr/include. Only after this I was able to compile otcl
> sucessfully.
>
> tclcl:
> 	I could not find history.tcl and word.tcl file in /usr/tcl7.6/
> I just commented these lines in the Makefile and then was able to compile
> sucessfully.
>
> ns:
> 	The linkes was not able to accept shared library of libtcl libtk
> and libdl, I mean it was not looking for *.so files. I just created a link
> to each of this files to a *.a file and I was able to compile without any
> error. But the end was not able to run ns.
>
> Please helpme
>
> with thanks
> Chetan Kumar S

Padmaparna Haldar