Conversion to OPNET

Dear Sir/Madam:

I just had a quick question regarding converting the NS-2 TCP code to OPNET.
OPNET uses a C-type syntax, and is a good environment for simulation.  However,
their provided TCP module is proving very difficult to use, much less modify, and
hence I would like to cast the NS-2 code into OPNET form.

Just a few questions, if you can help me, i would be highly appreciative.
The first, and i guess rather direct one, has anyone done this before?  If they have, it
would save me a lot of work!...otherwise, i'll just have to slave away for a week or so...

I take it that the tcp_full.cc is the CORE TCP code?  I was looking at importing that
into an OPNET process and simply changing the syntax (i.e,. using opnet
scheduling calls, timer event cancellations, maybe also their built in buffering
routines which are very high-level and easy to use).
However, the CORE algorithmic component would remain unchanged
from the original NS-2 code.  I noted that there are "goto" statements
in some of the main routines
in tcp_full.cc.  Those should translate ok into C, i guess?  Any other pitfalls which i
should avoid in the C++ ----> C conversion?  More importantly, apart from TCL and
external procedure calls etc, are there any OTHER source modules for the basic
TCP?  Or is tcp_full.cc pretty much it, along with its include files?  That would be a
welcome break!

Thank you kindly for your help.  Any help would be much appreciated here.  I would
really like to use the NS-2 version of TCP since it is very well used and well-tested.
Other versions, i am no longer sure about their accuracies.
Regards
Nasir Ghani
Nokia Research Center, Boston, USA.