Installation of ns

Dear John,
I am a PhD student and I am planning to do some simulation using
ns(under Solaris). I have looked at the Berkeley ns download page and I
have downloaded all the basic components required to run ns. I am still
a bit confused regarding the steps in ns and Tcl/Tk installation.The
page suggests to install TclCl and then ns. But I got some questions. If
you can kindly answer them, I will be very grateful.

1) When should I install Tcl/Tk. Should it be before or after
installing  TclCl & ns?

2) What should be the steps in installing Tcl, Tk and Otcl? I saw the
Otcl installation Readme file and it requires TCl/Tk source file. Hence
I feel that Tcl/Tk cannot be installed before Otcl since Otcl requires
the source file of Tcl/Tk and not the compiled file. I will be very
grateful if you can tell me the order in which these files should be
installed.

3)I have got a binary version of Tcl/Tk. Can I use it to build OTcl?

I will be awaiting your reply.

With regards,
Kashinath Basu