Re: converting ns-1 models to ns-2

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 02:17:22 GMT, Brad Williamson wrote:
>   I have been using ns-1 for sometime and would like to convert some
>models over to ns-2. I would like to know if there is any documentation
>available that describes this conversion process?

I don't know of any explicit documentation about conversion, but there
are two less formal places to look:

	- several test suites have both v1 and v2 versions.
	  You can compare how things are implemented in each version.
	  (Unfortunately lots of code has moved around, making
	  this less obvious.)

	- in ~ns/tcl/lib/ns-compat.tcl you can see how the
	  compatibility is provided

Finally, by default your v1 simulation should run, unchanged, in
compatibility mode if you don't make any code changes.

Good luck!
   -John Heideman