Re: Wanted : A script using Error model

We're working on a test suite for the several flavors of error models (both
probabilistic and empirically-derived) and how they work in 2 contexts --
wireless and wired (packet drops).  But owing to other constraints and
deadlines, this won't be part of the standard release any time soon,
unfortunately.

In the meantime, you may find the following simple test script, that Ramon
Caceres originally wrote, a good place to start:

#
# Test the error model
#
set ns [new Simulator]

set f [open out.tr w]
$ns trace-all $f

set n0 [$ns node]
set n1 [$ns node]
$ns duplex-link $n0 $n1 1.5Mb 10ms DropTail

set cbr [new Agent/CBR]
$ns attach-agent $n0 $cbr

set rcvr [new Agent/LossMonitor]
$ns attach-agent $n1 $rcvr

$ns connect $cbr $rcvr

set em [new ErrorModel]
$em set rate_ 3.0

set tr [$ns create-trace Loss $f $n0 $n1]
$em drop-target $tr
$ns lossmodel $em $n0 $n1

$ns at 0.0 "$cbr start"
$ns at 1.0 "finish"

proc finish {} {
        global ns
        $ns flush-trace
        exit 0
}

$ns run

If you're interested in wireless error models and how they need to be set
up, look at tcl/ex/mac-test.tcl.  It has a call to create-error, defined in
tcl/lan/ns-lan.tcl (and you can follow the chain from there!).

-- Hari.