possible bug found in simplex duplex link creation

I found some interesting behavior when it comes to creating links...

I want to create two simplex links and gain access to the queues to monitor and
change their size...
So, here's what I did...

>>set link1 [$ns simplex-link $n0 $n1 1Mb 10ms DropTail]
>>set link2 [$ns simplex-link $n0 $n1 1Mb 10ms DropTail]

now, it states in the manual to get the handle for the queue I must call
queue{}.
So, here's what I put in...

>>set queue1 [$link1 queue]

Here's the error I get

>>invalid command name ""
>>      while executing
>>"$link1 queue"

Now,  if I change my link creation to one duplex link, everything works fine...

>>set link [$ns duplex-link $n0 $n1 1Mb 10ms DropTail]
>>set queue1 [$link queue]
>>puts "queue size1- [$queue1 set limit_]"

my output

>>queue size1- 50

What am I doing wrong that I cannot duplicate this for two simplex links?

Thanks,
Damon