Re: monitor-queue questions

Biaz,

The create-trace method simply creates a trace object of
appropriate type, and returns a handle to it.  The src
and dst args are only used for printing each trace line.
You must insert the object returned into the appropriate
location on the required link.  The documentation does
not describe this as clearly as it could.

Check out how the trace{} method (tcl/lib/ns-link.tcl)
uses create-trace{} to create the trace objects, and then
insert them into the specified link.

If you are only interested in the drop trace, also check out
the documentation on the drop-trace{} method.

Kannan

>>> From: Biaz Saad <[email protected]>
>>> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:28:07 CST

> Hi!
>
> 	What is the status of create-trace ? I am tring to trace only
> drops between nodes $r and $k$. While I am sure that I have drops
> (by using $ns  trace-queue     $r      $k        $f), I get an empty file
> with the following instructions :
>
> set f [open saad.tr w]
> $ns create-trace Drop $f $r  $k
>
> 	Does anyone have a clue ?
>
> 						Thanks. Saad
> Saad Biaz				Abou Youssef
> Graduate Research Assistant		Office : (409) 845 50 07
> Department of Computer Science		Home   : (409) 862 91 35
> College Station, TX, 77843-3112

[email protected]
http://www.isi.edu/~kannan