Re: Tutorial for ns

Try skipping the first part of the tutorial (interface to interpreter)and
go to the "simulator basics" (part 2). It deals with each section of the
simulator and also has examples.
for some more example scripts take a look at ~ns/tcl/ex
directory. you may want to start off with "simple.tcl" first and look at
other examples as you get a feel for ns.
also if you haven't already, take a look at the manual page. its located
at :
http://www-mash.CS.Berkeley.EDU/ns/ns-man.html.
it describes the simulator in simple terms.

hope this helps,

padma.

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Stephane Cateloin wrote:

> I'm sorry but at this page a reference guide, a complete documentation
> but not a real simple tutorial for new users of ns...
>
> I look for something as "how to create your first ns-script" or perhaps
> some well-known protocols (OSPF?) already implemented.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> ---------------------------------------
>  St�phane CATELOIN
>  Laboratoire HEUDIASYC - UMR CNRS 6599