Re: Ns forwarding support for multicast shared tree arquitectures

Hi,

I am implementing CBTv2, except Hello Protocol (not yet implemented) and
bootstrap mechanisms (not planned). Currently I am debugging CBT PDU
interchange, without generating multicast traffic. The code includes periodic
interchange of echo request and echo reply messages, timers specified by CBT
(all implemented in OTcl) and debugging facilities (messages sent from CBT
entities to standard output when an event occurs - PDU sent or received,
timeout, etc).
I use a small topology for debugging (4 subnets and 15 nodes -total-), because
of  it I have not experienced any bottleneck  My question is related to the
following subject:  Ns forwarding design is previous to shared tree paradigms or
Ns designers considered proper to implement (S,G) replicators as a general
approach?.

Regards,

Guillermo Rigotti
Computer Sciences Departament
Universidad Nacional del Centro - Argentina