Re: C++ Multicast Interface

> > How do I join and leave multicast groups in C++ besides making a Tcl eval
> > call?
>
> I believe, if I am not mistaken, that you have to call Tcl, since the
> join/leave is protocol specific and the multicast protocols are implemnted
> in OTcl...  trying to modify any multicast routing tables in C++ without
> calling tcl will probably create errors, as you will be bypassing the
> multicast protocol messaging machinery alltogether.

Thanks for the quick answer.  So now I am looking for the best (easiest)
way to do this.  If I have an agent in C++ that is attached to some node and
I know the ID of the group I want to leave, what's the best way to talk tcl
into allowing the agent to leave the group?  Note that I instantiated the
agent/node AND I joined the group all in tcl.  With my limited NS knowledge,
the only way I know how to do this is to call something like

Is this the easy way to do it?  If not, can someone tell me what is?

Let's assume this is the best way.  While I do know the <groupid>, I do
not know the tcl <nodename> or <agentname> because those names are all in
the tcl.  What's the best way to get these names?  Does some member of the
C++ agent have this information?  I know that I could
create some tcl/C++ variable bindings of my own to pass this information in,
but is there a better (once again, easier) way?

Thanks,
Jeff

Michael J. Donahoo
Georgia Institute of Technology College of Computing
801 Atlantic Drive, Atlanta Georgia, 30332-0280
Internet: [email protected]                 Office: GCATT, 2nd Floor
Work: (404) 894-6735  Lab:  (404) 876-3209 x124
Fax:  (404) 894-0272  Home: (770) 819-1870
finger [email protected] for my public key