Re: problem with running snoop.tcl

Your message dated: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 09:45:16 PST
> > In ns-allinone/ns-2/tcl/lib/ns-lan.tcl,
> > LanLink instproc install-error {em {src ""} {dst ""}} {
> > has to be replaced by
> > LanLink instproc install-error {{src ""} {dst ""} em} {.
>
> I don't think this is the right way to correct the problem, because em is
> a required parameters and should be ahead of the optional parameters src
> and dst.  You should try to fix the install-error calls in your scripts
> and not changing the parameters list.

The error is in the ns-lan.tcl file, not in the scripts, since the
install-error calls in create-error use a wrong parameter list.
But I agree with you that due to the optional parameters, the order
shouldn't be changed. Therefore it would be best to make sure
that create-error calls install-error in the right way, that is,
replacing <$self install-error $src $dst $e1> by <$self install-error
$e1 $src $dst> (same for $e2).

- Urs