Re: nam: can't resolve symbol 'Tcl_NewStringObj'

Haobo Yu wrote:
> Please check your Makefile for "STATIC", is it set? Also, what did
> configure say about paths to libtcl? Have you installed tcl 8.0 on your
> machine? Which tcl version did you compile your otcl with? It is possible
> that you build libotcl using tcl8 and then link it with tcl7.

Well I think you were right. I had installed tcl8 under /usr/local/src but
the linux redhat distribution i was running on my machine had a tcl version
7.6 so nams configuration probably found the old version instead of
the new one in /usr/local/src. Well I have been thinking I should install
redhat 5 for a long time, so now when I had a good excuse I did this
instead of digging in the configuration setup. And now everything
works fine. Thanks for your advice.

> The version thing is annoying. Can you do a "make distclean" in you nam
> directory, redo configure and check the output to see what's the tcl
> version and its path? If it still doesn't work after that, please send me
> the output of your configure and make.

When I made the distclean the configuration didn't go through at all
one my old setup. But as I said I now made a fresh start, and things
are looking up again :)

--
/m.v.h. Ingela

//The highway of life is always under construction. //