a basic question

Hi, there

I have a basic simulation question.

In ns, every link has an assoicated queue which can be monitored. What
about node? Is there any queue assoicate with node? My feel is that
usually, a router have multiple input links and output links, what we care
is to know the queue size or other dynamics in the router's queue, not in
the link's queue, Ns simulation seems contradict this assumption. I must
miss something here, could anybody help me?

To make my question more specific, say I have a router with two input
link, one output link, If I want to simulate queue dynamic in the router,
what should I do? observe the output link queue?

thanks

/oliver